The Objective and Mission Statement of Live Oak Baptist Church
- To be a dynamic spiritual organism empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with as many people as possible in our church, community, and throughout the world.
- To be a worshiping fellowship, experiencing an awareness of God, recognizing his infallible person, and responding in obedience to his leadership.
- To experience an increasingly meaningful fellowship with God and fellow believers.
- To help people experience a growing knowledge of God and man.
- To be a church which ministers unselfishly to persons in the community and the world in Jesus’s name.
- To be a church whose purpose is to be Christlike in our daily living by emphasizing total commitment of life, personality, and possessions to the lordship of Christ.
The Mission Statement of Live Oak Baptist Church
The mission of Live Oak Baptist Church is found in Matthew 28:19-20: To lead people into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Then we seek to see the saved “grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,” and to equip them by sound biblical teaching and practical application and personal interaction to go out and lead others into a relationship with Christ. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Matthew 28:19, 20
The (abbreviated) Statement of Faith (what we believe) of Live Oak Baptist Church
- We believe in one true and living God, and that there are three persons in the God-head, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matt. 28:19, John 10:30, Eph. 2:11-18, 2 Cor. 13:14.
- We believe the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments to be the inspired Word of God, and the only rule of faith and practice. 2 Tim.3:14-17. 2 Peter 1:19-21.
- We believe that man cannot save his own soul and that he is saved by Grace through Faith. John 3:16, Heb. 7:25-27, Eph. 1, 1 Peter 1:18-21, Eph. 2:8-9.
- We believe that if you are once saved you are always saved. Phil.1:6. Phil. 2:12-13, John 10:26-29, Romans 8:28.
- We believe that baptism is one of the two New Testament Ordinances, that baptism is by immersion: that believers are the only subjects of this ordinance. Matt. 3:13-17, Romans 6:4, Col. 2:12, Acts 8:38.
- We believe that the Lord’s Supper is one of the two New Testament Ordinances; that it is a memorial supper; and that we are to observe it in remembrance of the broken body and shed blood of Jesus Christ. Matt 26:26-29, 1 Cor.11:26-29
- We believe the punishment of the lost will be everlasting in the Lake of Fire and the joy of the saved shall be eternal life in Heaven with Christ. Matt. 26:46. 2 Thess.1:5-9, Rev. 20:11-15.
- We believe the obligation is on every church and every saved person to Witness. Matt. 28:19-20, Acts 1:8, Acts 8:4.
(This is an abbreviated statement of faith. You can see the full Statement of Faith in the Constitution and By-Laws)